I get really reflective this time of year. I guess most everyone does, it's the closing of the year and time to make plans for a new one. Oddly enough, I started my job on the first Monday in January last year, so the new year also marks my one-year anniversary here at AG. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but after bouncing around a lot and freelancing/trying to make ends meet, the "one-year" marker is a first for me, and a welcomed dose of stability.
I think this year marked some significant growth for me—personal and professional—and it always helps me to make lists to visualize what those things were.
This year I:
- learned to pick my battles. I'm not always good at this—I am a pretty vocal person.
- tried sushi, it was good
- had my first featured gallery show, and showed in Made in the 216—twice :)
- made homemade oreos
- biked—a LOT more than usual, and farther distances
- paid off my laptop—damn it feels good to cut up a credit card
- saw my cards for sale at Target—pretty fun moment
- had my first Browns tailgating experience and it won't be my last
- discovered that I am much more of a dog person after some terrible cat-owner incidents
- expanded my Etsy shop
- saw Lady Gaga with a great crew of people—probably one of my favorite, most epic nights ever
- illustrated for Project Openbook
- quit smoking—7 months cig free :)
What's your favorite accomplishment of 2010? I'm thinking 2011 is going to be pretty badass. Only one more year 'til the world ends...!
*image from confettisystem